You don’t have to deprive yourself to lose weight or to be healthy overall. In fact, when you deprive yourself of something you ultimately want to enjoy from time to time, you build an intense desire to want whatever it is you are craving and increase the likelihood to overeat. Creating the never-ending dieting cycle.
However, I do think there are foods we decide to eliminate from our daily nutrition because it does not align with the lives we want to live. So, the question to consider is not having a cookie ever ever ever for the rest of your life a sustainable way you want to live. If so, then more power to you! If not, then this article is definitely for you! This doesn’t mean go crazy and eat whatever you want, but it’s about finding a place of balance with eating nutritiously and enjoying those fave comfort foods in your life while still moving towards your goal or maintaining an overall healthy life.
Here are a few of my favorite healthy food swaps! This is how I say “yes” to myself while still being satisfied, full, healthy, and happy!
Protein Chocolate Mug Cake - We all like a little dessert sometimes, especially after dinner. During the week, I like to treat myself to a protein mug cake. If you follow me on Instagram, I love posting my mug cakes in my stories (I’m still working on perfecting the recipe). Here is a good one that I like to use!
Frozen Fruit - I LOVE gummie bears (Haribo brand specifically!). I have found frozen fruit such as grapes, strawberries, and raspberries can satisfy that sweet tooth craving for fruit candy. Try it, and see how it works for you!
“Ice cream” - When I have a hankering for ice cream, my go-to is frozen banana’s. I always have frozen banana’s in the freezer for the occasion! I also love to add flavorings such as lemon extract, caramel extract, or any extract I have in the pantry. Try this recipe!
Baked Turnip Fries - I recently stumbled upon the beauty of turnips! Don’t knock it ‘till you try it! Check out this Loaded Turnip Fry Recipe!
Veggie Pizza - Another fave food of mine is pizza, and my family enjoys pizza at least once a week. We love eating pizza and watching movies on Friday nights! I like to lighten up my pizza a bit with a veggie base. Check out this super savory portobello mushroom base pizza!
Swap in “treat” for “cheat” - The words we use can make a big difference in how we perceive our choices. The word “cheat” is typically a negative action. We feel guilty when we cheat. Think about when you cheated on a test. That’s normally not something you scream to the world about. Try changing your language to “treat.” The word “treat” is more empowering. It’s a privilege. It’s permission. Try it out and see how it impacts your choices in allowing yourself permission to enjoy some of your favorite foods. Even if you overindulge, it’s okay. You have the next meal or the next choice to make a healthier one! Progress over perfection!
You got this, my friend!
Love,
Angie!

Comments
Post a Comment